10/17/08

Pen Pals in Tanzania

Today I went into Anna's class and shared with them more information about where we are going.

I also brought in the names of children in the Standard 2 class and each of the children in Anna's class are writing letters to those children. I took a photo of each child that I will print and attach to the photo. The children also drew pictures of maple leaves all in full color.

Here are the prompts that I gave them:

· First introduce yourself – your name, how old you are, what you look like
· Where you live – a little bit about Charlotte – the mountains & the lake
· What are your hobbies?
· What are your favorite sports?
· What is your favorite subject in school?
· What are your favorite foods?
· Anything else you want to tell him/her

So my idea is that Jack and I will hand deliver the letters with photos and drawings and each child will write a letter back to the students in Anna's class. And I'll take photos of the Tanzanian children as well.....

I can't wait to see their letters!

No comments: