11/17/08

11/14 Skyping!



Friday, November 14th


Breakfast, preschool, play dough, Lego. The usual.

I did have to take baby Vicenti out again - have him on my lap and go over the fit throwing, then hitting spells that he has. I could just eat him up! I love that he sits there on my lap and our "sessions" always end up as a good snuggle.

It was hot hot hot today!.we all felt like we were melting. Even Jack decided that soccer was also out of the question! So instead we worked on the Scavenger Hunt for Sunday (I'll upload that as a separate entry). Jack and I are in charge of Sunday mornings activities.

At 4:20 I grabbed Jack's Mac and headed into the Preschool room so I could Skype with Scott's class. It was GREAT! We got through - I had Joshua, Vincent, baby Vicenti, Yusufu and Boazi with me and they were all sticking their heads right up to the camera and introducing themselves! From my side it looked like they could see me but I'm not sure. Scott and his classmates asked me some great questions - about the government of Tanzania, the foods we are eating, the weather, how many children etc. It was so great to hear Scott's voice!

Sara and I went for about an hour plus walk to the beginning of the Ascona coffee plantation - I was hot and sweaty but so beautiful! We were on the road on the way to Oldeani Village which would have been another 45 minute down the road.

The rest of the gang went down to Karatu for the night. They were going to go out dancing - so I decided that I should be a responsible mother and stay here with Jack!!

So Jack and I ended up having dinner in Kiran with India, Suzie, Sara and all the kids. It was so great - pasta, salad, linen napkins, table manners and great conversation! India's house is great - the design is perfect and it's very nicely decorated.


One of the Askaris walked us back to Lengai.


No comments: