11/17/08

11/15 Saturday

Saturday, November 15

Had a good night sleep and enjoyed breakfast for 2. All the other volunteers were still down in Karatu. I spent the morning catching up on blog entries, wrote a couple postcards and made a final to do list of all the things that I want to make sure that I do before we leave on Tuesday morning.

Jack usually spends the mornings after breakfast doing his homework. Heís been spending about 3 hours a day doing homework not including reading - he is so disciplined!!! Certainly not a trait from me.

After lunch I worked on the Birthday posters for Musa, Habiba, Masala, JoJo, Mama Upendo, Saidi and the dogs, Winchester and Kira. As I like to doodle I thoroughly enjoyed this!



Jack had a great game of hide and go seek going which was better than playing soccer in the heat. I usually end up in the preschool room drawing with the kids. They usually want me to draw things for them. I keep telling them that they have to learn to draw themselves - that they need practice. As it turns out Saidi is a great artist. He went to get a soccer book that was filled with drawings of how to play and he drew them free hand. Amazing!

Cocktails down at India's with everyone to celebrate the months of work that Andrew and Ellie here. Sitting on Indiaís veranda is just beautiful. We enjoyed snacks and popcorn while watching a storm roll in with lots of lightening. The party was cut short as we all wanted to get back to Lengai before the rain came.

And did it rain!

No comments: