11/9/08

11/8 Nap & Walk

Saturday November 8

Going to bed at midnight and getting up at 6:30 after you have been sleeping at least 9 to 9  hours a night was NOT easy! The funny thing is that I do this all the time at home, but for some reason here I was just exhausted!

Weekends are a bit more relaxing with not so much scheduled. However, Jack and I are in charge for organizing an activity next Saturday. We asked Andrew what was a good one in the past and he said a slip and slide was the most fun. So, assuming the weather is good, next Saturday Jack and I will organize that. We need to ask Peter to get more liquid soap and show us where the tarps are. 

And as a backup plan we'll do a Scavenger Hunt. I saw a sample on the Volunteer laptop so I'll modify it to make it new. It's quite clever the way it is - but I need new things on there.

The rains came and went all day so it meant not so much sun - ie not so much power. So we couldn't really charge anything today. Am hoping for more sun tomorrow because I want to make sure my camera will be charged for our Safari to Manyara on Monday.

A relaxing afternoon playing with the kids in the preschool room, drawing etc. Oh, I actually took a nap after lunch. All the kids do - but today I fell asleep too. And I am NOT a napper!

I did take a group for a walk around 3:30. We walked up to Mama India's old house. Happy, Janie, Christina, Christopher, Rehema and Edina all came. It's just so beautiful up there. They picked some fruits (still have to find out what they are called) and some flowers. And just as we were walking past Campi Nairobi it started to pour! We got soaked - but it was fun and we were all laughing and having fun.

I also forgot to mention that many nights after dinner Jack and I lie on my bed (the bottom bunk) and watch a movie. We watched the Secret Gardner over the last 3 nights and started Into The Wild tonight. I only lasted about 20 minutes so we'll watch more tomorrow night.

No comments: